G'day Joe,

Ubuntu 8.04 is very similar to Debian, so my current package works, I've
just tried it, but since there isn't a repository you have to install
manually, please follow these steps:

1.  check if you are using 32-bit or 64-bit architecture,

	dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH

2.  download the correct package file, according to the answer in step
1, choose one of the following,

	wget http://netrek.org/files/COW/netrek-client-cow_3.2.6-0_i386.deb

	or

	wget http://netrek.org/files/COW/netrek-client-cow_3.2.6-1_amd64.deb

3.  install the package,

	sudo dpkg --install netrek-client-cow_3.2.6-0_i386.deb

	or

	sudo dpkg --install netrek-client-cow_3.2.6-1_amd64.deb

At this point if you see an error "dpkg: dependency problems prevent
configuration of netrek-client-cow" and "dependency problems - leaving
unconfigured", tell the system to fix it,

	sudo apt-get -f install

4.  run the program,

	netrek-client-cow

5.  you should be given a metaserver list, left-click to join a server
and create a character, middle-click to join as guest.

See you on pickled.