On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, James Cameron wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 05:03:00PM +0100, Mattias Nordlund wrote:
> > When I looked at the metserver it said that this server was flooding, how
> > come? And if, how do I fix it so it meets your demands.
>
> It has to not send solicitations too fast.  If you were starting and
> stopping the server a few times a minute, this might happen.  Looking at
> the listing now, the problem does not seem to be present.
>

> If you have modified the update rate check code in ntserv/solicit.c to
> increase it beyond the coded limit, then the flooding trigger is likely
> to go off.
>
> If you have not modified this code, then it may have been due to your
> starts and stops of the server.  If you can get it to go into flooding
> state without starting and stopping the server, we wan't to know what to
> fix in the server code.

It must have been me starting/stoping it to often.

One other thing, what is needed to run a netrek server for public use?
lando.eagle.y.se is a SPARCstation 4, 110 MHz MicroSPARC, 96 MB ram and
2 mbit connection, Is this enough or will it be slow/lagged with a lot of
people? I have played a game on it with ~10 players, and some complained a
bit about lag, but they were mostly from the US and the server is located
in sweden, with Swedish and European players as it's target.

Sincerly
Mattias Nordlund