http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~netrek/history/

> individualized smart clients are part of the game.
> I used to write my own tools to play.

Empire was awesome.  Those smart scripting clients were definitely critical
to playing well.  There was just no way to do everything within the daily
time limit.  Our computer room also had some extra wide type-set printers
(200 column+) that were particularly good for printing out huge maps.

I actually stopped playing Empire just as the X based clients got introduced.
There were some pretty nifty VT340 graphics clients later on, too.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2