From: Kurt Siegl <007 at freemail.at>

>So lets agree on the syntax of this defaults file for a common base and grep
>all information for that out of the code. Additional special comments within
>the code to support it should not be a problem at all.

Years ago I swear we started to do something like this with COW-lite.  Maybe Jeff Nelson was initiating it.  Can't remember the details now.

But anyway.  I was thinking of embedding XML tags into the comments to better describe these defaults.  Sort of like the way Javadocs or C# works with it's self-documenting code.