On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 08:23:54PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:
> Considering that much of the code currently references shared memory,
> I wonder if it would be simpler to use threads instead of processes
> for ntserv, daemonII, robotII, etc.?

I favour an event driven model; I've tried threading and it opens up a
can of worms.  At least select() works on Microsoft Windows.

My point is that the code is already there, it just needs tweaking to
make it function within a single process.  As Dave says, it's time we
need.  Or more people.  Given two people, one with C skills, one with
Java skills, at equivalent experience levels, I'm sure the one with C
skills would get the job done in a fraction of the time, because the
code already works.

However, it isn't as important as the spiffy client.  My time I shall
allocate to that first.  Is it uploaded anywhere yet?