From: vanilla-list-admin at us.netrek.org
[mailto:vanilla-list-admin at us.netrek.org]On Behalf Of Trent Piepho
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 1:08 PM
To: vanilla-list at us.netrek.org
Subject: Re: [Vanilla List] Growing Netrek - Measures

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Mark Mielke wrote:
> You are telling me that I am approaching things from the wrong angle. I
> ask you... when was the last time you wrote a bot that could
successfully
> win against most, if not all INL teams?

When was the last time you did it?

Freebot was the product of someone's doctoral dissertation, and a team of
freebots isn't that hard to beat.  I think you'll find, like everyone else
who
has tried, that writing a good bot for netrek is hard, and making a bot
team
that can be humans is next to impossible.