On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:29:46PM -0800, Tom Holub wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 07:43:28PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:
> > You teach people what tools they have available, and *then* you show
> > them how to make best use of them.
> You don't teach people to program "Hello World" using goto's.

You have a way of making very simple statements that appear clever, and
assuming that this is sufficient to make your argument.

There is nothing inherently wrong with travelling at speed 5, but if you
really have bee up your bonnet about it fine, use 4.

The reason I suggested a smaller warp, was because somebody who is new
to the game, who has never even seen a ship move before, may be
startled and confused by their ship screaming across the galaxy only
to find themselves ETEMP'd a few seconds later. Also, for the purpose
of the 'beginner' learning excercises, it would be nice to not have
them trapsing around the galaxy. Each lessons leads directly into the
next lesson. In the beginning, we want them to stick around known
locations, such as Earth. Why? So that when we tell them to 'lock on
to Deneb', it will be visible on their tactical screen when we ask
them to do it. If they are *anywhere* in the galaxy, they'll have to
scan through 40 planets to find "Deb".

One day you should pulls those bees out of your bonnet. Most types of
bees have stingers that can inflict a fair amount of pain.

mark

--
mark at mielke.cc/markm at ncf.ca/markm at nortelnetworks.com __________________________

                       and in the darkness bind them...