On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, James Cameron wrote:
> Gerard,
>
> Subject to it working properly with the feature packet from a server, I
> have no problems with the patch.

That's the problem.  The windows clients ignore the feature packet from the
server, and use continuous mouse anyway.  Most (all) servers have continuous
mouse turned off, so all windows clients are pretty much borgs in this regard.
I think there are really two options to this.

The first is to revoke the RSA key of all clients which ignore the server's
continuous mouse setting, since they are borgs.  I don't think this is a very
good idea, as it will cause a lot of problems with people being unable to
connect.

The second is to decide that continuous mouse isn't a server controlled
feature, and let unix clients ignore the server setting just like the windows
clients.  Since most players have continuous mouse, it can't be that borg of
a feature.