From: "Brian Paulsen" <brian at thePaulsens.com>

> Why would messaging through sockets be cheating?  Surely, we don't
consider
> INL teams sitting all in one room to be cheating, do we?  Why should they
be
> allowed to communicate outside the normal messaging system, but bots
can't?

Sophisticated methods of communicating, such as beeplite, are considered
cheating/borgish.  And what he's suggesting goes way beyond beeplite.  If I
built any special socket code into my team's clients, it would not be
INL/WNL legal.  It would be blatant cheating.

There is no way humans can do what he describes.  Even sitting right next to
someone doesn't come close.

Dan Damouth