On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Zachary Uram wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, James Cameron wrote:
> >
> > Trent modified the server code, Zach.
>
> oh. so anyone can modify the server code? isn't this
> dangerous. what is to stop some random joker to login via CVS and
> trash our src? you need access protection layer.

There are just a few people who have write access.  Some random joker would
only be able to read the source.

> > The .players file is a flat array of player stat struct entries.  It is
> > searched sequentially to find the relevant entry during login, then a
> > pointer to the entry is kept by the ntserv process for updates to the
> > player's stats as they die.

I've never figured this out, but when is the stats entry saved to disk?  By
ntserv when a player dies?  Or by daemonII?  If a player is logged in twice,
do they share the same stats entry?  How is this not full of race conditions?