Continuum has only 192 MB RAM?  Where do we send money?  My last 256 cost
about US$50.

If the .players index will remain in RAM/cache, then it could be a hash
table.  As for the need to worry about consistency between index and
.players, it shouldn't be much of a problem, but  a routine check could be
performed daily.

I favor this idea.  It seems the easiest, and development effort is perhaps
better aimed elsewhere.  I'm not familiar with the code, and I usually try
to avoid programming in any language older than C++, but if there's a
subtask I can code for, I'm open to assignment.

Dan