On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 01:46:46AM -0400, Zachary Uram wrote:
> Linux install base continues to grow.
> Instead of focusing on Win32 maybe we should concentrate on *NIX
> clients for revamp. *NIX gives far more freedom and flexibility
> IMHO.

I agree, but following our discussion at this time last month, I sorta
think that those 98% of the planetary computer literates might just be
a good target as well.  ;-)

Increasing Netrek player count is more important to me than increasing
the Linux population by attempting to force players to use Linux.

What I _really_ need on the Linux/UNIX front is people to package up the
client and server for the various flavours.  We've already had a go at
that, but lacked enthusiasm to continue.  Bob did some excellent work at
Red Hat spec files for the server, but I haven't had time to keep it
alive after I dropped Red Hat on my machines.  I've had a go at making
Debian packages, and I seem to be nearly on top of it, and yet the
latest server release was still only .tar.gz.  We need someone willing
to learn (or already knows) packaging.