On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 01:45:04AM -0500, Steve Sheldon wrote:
> I haven't thought this through enough to decide whether it is
> worth doing from a technical standpoint, but it'd be a great learning
> opportunity to understand the abilities and limitations of the framework.

Gigantic alarm bells ring in my ears everytime someone suggests to me
a rewrite in another language for the purposes of a learning exercise.
Cynical, aren't I?  ;-)

I don't think there's technical merit in the idea ... at least not yet.
I think we need more information from the original proponent, so that we
can make a valid conclusion.