On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:25:11AM -0500, Steve Sheldon wrote:

> Actually I've seen considerably less interest and hype regarding Linux in
> the past year.  The recent swell of layoffs and no company yet to come out
> as profitable certainly do not help mindshare.

There may be less hype, but Linux has made serious inroads in the last
year.  It's by far the fastest-growing server, is the #1 Web server OS
outside the US, and the server market share is large and growing fast
within the US, probably to overtake Windows within the next year.

It's not large on the desktop and is several years away from being a
realistic desktop replacement for non-geeks.
 -Tom