On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:51:50AM -0400, Dave Ahn wrote:
> Either way, I don't think getting a minimal clue server install is
> important.  The clue servers will need a lot of disk space to store the
> database files, stat dumps and cambot recordings, so saving a few hundred
> KB of executables isn't a big deal.

Minimal clue server install is not what I was aiming for.

I started this minimal INL server install idea to address the complaint
by Tom last year that building and installing the server is difficult
for less skilled INL server owners.

So I'm looking for ways to avoid compiling things that are not needed,
which will therefore reduce the package dependencies.

For example, by avoiding xsg we avoid a requirement for X-Windows, and
by avoiding tools/showgalaxy and pledit we avoid curses.

Trimming it down will also reduce the build time.