On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:31:14AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> I started this minimal INL server install idea to address the complaint
> by Tom last year that building and installing the server is difficult
> for less skilled INL server owners.
>
> So I'm looking for ways to avoid compiling things that are not needed,
> which will therefore reduce the package dependencies.
>
> For example, by avoiding xsg we avoid a requirement for X-Windows, and
> by avoiding tools/showgalaxy and pledit we avoid curses.

I guess it's a good idea to avoid building portions of the INL server
that actually don't work with the INL mode enabled (i.e. xsg, showgalaxy,
pledit).

> Trimming it down will also reduce the build time.

Heh.  Just be patient until we get the new continuum box in place.

What we really need is a webified administration of the server if simplicity
is a priority.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2