James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:

> Yes, I agree.  However I wasn't asking for how to do it, I was asking
> for a measure so that after we've done it we can judge how well we did
> it.

I know, but I was making a point.  Think about all the man hours
wasted on stuff that did not help grow the playerbase at all.
Developing technology to measure something you can see at a glance is
unproductive.

[server on windows]
> I agree, this should be done.  Last time I looked into it, I tried an
> old version of Cygwin to do the port.  I got stuck (again) on the
> inheritance of open socket file descriptors during a fork().  Anyone
> know if that is fixed yet?

What ever happened to the UWIN port?  I thought some guy actually had
a working server with not too much effort?

-Jeff