From: "James Cameron" <quozl at us.netrek.org>

> I agree, this should be done.  Last time I looked into it, I tried an
> old version of Cygwin to do the port.  I got stuck (again) on the
> inheritance of open socket file descriptors during a fork().  Anyone
> know if that is fixed yet?

We should probably be developing towards Windows XP, which is based on
2000/NT code (and is supposed to be released in October).  Maybe if we cross
our fingers, the feature will be available?

Of course, I say "we" fairly arrogantly, as I've done nothing.  But if I
were a team member on an ambitious netrek project I'd get into it.  I have
development environments on a 98 box and a 2000 box, and some experience in
C/C++/Unix/Win32.  Not much GUI experience or desire, though, unless we're
talking Java.  I would love to do some Java, but I don't see a role for it.

Dan Damouth