On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 01:16:20AM -0700, Daniel Damouth wrote:

> We should probably be developing towards Windows XP, which is based on
> 2000/NT code (and is supposed to be released in October).  Maybe if we cross
> our fingers, the feature will be available?

Actually, the target platform should probably be Windows 98/Me which the
vast majority of home users run.

> Of course, I say "we" fairly arrogantly, as I've done nothing.  But if I
> were a team member on an ambitious netrek project I'd get into it.  I have
> development environments on a 98 box and a 2000 box, and some experience in
> C/C++/Unix/Win32.  Not much GUI experience or desire, though, unless we're
> talking Java.  I would love to do some Java, but I don't see a role for it.

To tell you the truth, a pure Java client is no longer out of the question.
Considering that any modern day computer will be at least a Celery 600,
a solid, well-written Java netrek client would work quite well.

Hmm.  Running a netrek server on a Java application server would be pretty
funny.  "What?  There's a wait queue?  Throw some more CPU's at it..maybe
it'll scale up the connection pool!"

Dave
--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2