ARGHHHHHHHHH... f***ing netscape crashed before I could hit send....twice

reconstructing memory banks......

James,

I have looked at the code you've written for gum and I think I understand
what's going on...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it rely on having the descriptions,
keys, and types of options in one file:  sysdefaults.h?  I can see now
how easy it is to add a new option.

However such a thing doesn't exist for COW.  The keymap and options are
'hardcoded', as it were, in two files:  input.c and defaults.c (correct me
if I'm wrong).

The bottom line is I don't see an easy way of using code in the parent
project to make setting and getting labels and values for the widgets
easy for us.

Anyway, my original plan was to completely separate the GUI into two
layers.  The GUI would do as little logic as possible---only perhaps
to retrieve or set values in the widgets and formatting these values
for the appropriate functions.  Advantages I think are that we can
separate the work among us by agreeing on this interface.  Downside is
we would probably have to redefine default keymaps and options since
these aren't available in a header file somewhere.

gerard