Ainsi parlait Dave Ahn :
> Hi,
>
> You probably joined the wrong list.  This vanilla-devel list is for CVS
> logs and administrative stuff.  You're welcome to stay on this list, but
> you probably really wanted to join vanilla-list which is the main forum for
> help and discussions.
Done :-)

> It might help to know what plaform you are building on.  But to answer your
> questions...
Oops, sorry to have forgotten to present myself. Someone forwarded James call
for packaging help (http://lwn.net/2001/1011/letters.php3) on mandrake linux
contributers mailing-list, and i proposed to help. So i'm running mandrake
cooker (the experimental distribution).

> > 1) is RSA stuff still needed ?
>
> For public servers, yes RSA is highly recommended.  If you don't include
> it, then people can cheat on your server by using unauthorized clients.
> RES-RSA is a different package from OpenSSL and is specific to netrek.  To
> have RSA support, you need it.  If you drop it into Vanilla/res-rsa, then
> it will automatically configure it.  It appears that SourceForge moved
> their web page URL's around.  You can get it from
> 	http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=968
> 	ftp://ftp.netrek.org/pub/netrek/
>
> There are no restriction on exporting it to Europe.
>
> You cannot package RES-RSA separately from Vanilla.  This is because the
> entire source has to be rebuilt if RSA is enabled.  At best you can create
> two versions of Vanilla, one with RSA support one without.  But they have
> to be self-sufficient.
RES-RSA can be built and installed separatly, right ? So if i make Vanilla
package requires it for building, where is the problem ?

> > 2)0-sized png file in Vanilla/rpm
>
> Not sure about this one.  Probably not important.
Sure.
Just tell me wich other image i should use for nice menu entry.

> > 3)and it doesn't compile :-(
> > make[1]: Entre dans le répertoire
> > `/home/guillaume/tmp/Vanilla-2.9pl7/xsg' gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA
> > -I/usr/X11R6/include -c colors.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c dmessage.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c inform.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c input.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c main.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c modify.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c newwin.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c option.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c planetlist.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c planets.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c playerlist.c
> > gcc     -I../ntserv -DRSA   -I/usr/X11R6/include -c redraw.c
> > redraw.c: In function `run_clock':
> > redraw.c:874: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> > cast redraw.c:875: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > redraw.c:877: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > redraw.c:879: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > make[1]: *** [redraw.o] Erreur 1
> > make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/guillaume/tmp/Vanilla-2.9pl7/xsg'
> > make: *** [do_xsg] Erreur 2
>
> Most likely you are missing a system header file.  Might want to track down
> where it is on your OS and include it at the top.  If you submit a patch,
> after it builds, we can put it into the main source tree.
[guillaume at silbermann Vanilla-2.9pl7]$ cat xsg/redraw.c | grep include
#include "copyright.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/timeb.h>
#include "Wlib.h"
#include "defs.h"
#include "xsg_defs.h"
#include "struct.h"
#include "localdata.h"
All system headers are present, so i would rather think to a version
conflict. I use glibc-2.2.4:
[guillaume at silbermann Vanilla-2.9pl7]$ rpm -qa | grep glibc
glibc-devel-2.2.4-8mdk
glibc-2.2.4-8mdk
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>