On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:22:32PM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Oops, sorry to have forgotten to present myself. Someone forwarded James call
> for packaging help (http://lwn.net/2001/1011/letters.php3) on mandrake linux
> contributers mailing-list, and i proposed to help. So i'm running mandrake
> cooker (the experimental distribution).

James, you really need to post these publicity stuff as an FYI to vanilla-list.
I would have missed it altogether!

> RES-RSA can be built and installed separatly, right ? So if i make Vanilla
> package requires it for building, where is the problem ?

Well, RES-RSA doesn't produce any installable runtimes.  You could bulid
a dev package that contains it, however.

> > > 2)0-sized png file in Vanilla/rpm
> >
> > Not sure about this one.  Probably not important.
> Sure.
> Just tell me wich other image i should use for nice menu entry.

I don't think we have anything really useful.  You're welcome to take any
graphic from the home page (snapshots, etc), slice it down and use those.
One of the ship bitmaps might be nice.  There is a library of decent
snapshots at: http://www.netrek.org/images/random/

> > Most likely you are missing a system header file.  Might want to track down
> > where it is on your OS and include it at the top.  If you submit a patch,
> > after it builds, we can put it into the main source tree.
> [guillaume at silbermann Vanilla-2.9pl7]$ cat xsg/redraw.c | grep include
> #include "copyright.h"
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <signal.h>
> #include <math.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
> #include <sys/timeb.h>
> #include "Wlib.h"
> #include "defs.h"
> #include "xsg_defs.h"
> #include "struct.h"
> #include "localdata.h"
> All system headers are present, so i would rather think to a version
> conflict. I use glibc-2.2.4:
> [guillaume at silbermann Vanilla-2.9pl7]$ rpm -qa | grep glibc
> glibc-devel-2.2.4-8mdk
> glibc-2.2.4-8mdk

No, it's definitely a system header file.  It looks like "struct tm" is
not being defined.  Try adding "#include <time.h>" before the line
"#include <sys/time.h>"

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2