On Saturday 20 October 2001 17:24, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> > > RES-RSA can be built and installed separatly, right ? So if i make
> > > Vanilla package requires it for building, where is the problem ?
> >
> > Well, RES-RSA doesn't produce any installable runtimes.  You could bulid
> > a dev package that contains it, however.
>
> I tought it was an independant project, but it seems actually to be a
> netrek-dependant one. I guess it is used by several netrek client/servers,
> right ?
> Howevern Vanilla-2.9p17 archive already ships everyting from res-rsa-2.9.2
> one, with even one more source file rsa-server.c. So, what's the use of the
> additional archive ?

The only reason are stupid US laws, nothing else.
BTW: Cryptography is illegal in France at all, so if you use it you have to
be aware of the fact that you are acting against your even more stupid laws
;-)

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl at freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017