On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 07:13:25PM +0200, Kurt Siegl wrote:
> > Howevern Vanilla-2.9p17 archive already ships everyting from res-rsa-2.9.2
> > one, with even one more source file rsa-server.c. So, what's the use of the
> > additional archive ?
>
> The only reason are stupid US laws, nothing else.

The laws were changed, so RES-RSA is exportable now.  I think James and I
decided to keep the packaging separate because Vanilla gets released more
often than RES-RSA.  While RES-RSA is exportable, I still have to contact
the BXA if I do any new releases.  No need to burden Vanilla releases with
this sort of thing.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2