Ainsi parlait James Cameron :
> > > Now with the new problems... Vanilla use standard autoconf/automake,
> >
> > While Vanilla does use autoconf, I'm not sure how many of the specific
> > directory overrides it accepts.  Perhaps James could comment.
>
> --prefix is the only override we've used.
>
> While I have seen that most distributions want to split files into
> different directories, the code in the Netrek Server presumes just one
> directory will be used; LIBDIR, from --prefix.
OK, i understand now: everything in the same directory, even configuration
files . May i suggest you add either compilation or runtime switch to specify
configuration and log directories locations ? I don't know if this is
difficult to implements, but makes installation way easier and more flexible.

Moreover, you currently misuses prefix as the top-level installation
directory, whereas it should be the root from which you build your top-level
directory path. So, you should install in %{prefix}/games/netrek, not in
%{prefix}
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html