On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:04:01AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 04:16:33PM -0400, Dave Ahn wrote:
> > James, are you bundling RES-RSA with Vanilla?
>
> It appears so.  I just noticed.  The 2.9pl7.tar.gz has res-rsa files.
> See after signature for the list.  Do you still need to tell 'em when
> it was imported from Australia first?  ;-)

If the first documented release is in Australia, and I just mirror an
archive, then I don't need to do anything.  But ftp.netrek.org is the
primary distribution site, so I need to let BXA know.  It's not a problem.
I have a template I use, so I'll notify BXA before each Vanilla release
I put on the ftp site.  You should probably add a notice to each Vanilla
release announcement with something like "This package contains
cryptoghic software.  Please be aware of the laws governing your country
regarding the use of crytography."

> This is because of 'make dist'.  To avoid packing RES-RSA with Vanilla,
> we'll need to either complicate the 'make dist' sequence, or make
> RES-RSA unpack to a location other than the Vanilla tree.  What do you
> think?

Nah, let's keep it simple.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2