I disagree.  I think the changes are quite okay, apart from that
minor missing file.  There's a PRET option in .sysdef, which defaults
to off, and there's a PRETSERVER define in use in most of the code.

Can you give any technical reasons why you think the pre-T mods should
not be part of the source distribution?