On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Dave Ahn wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 03:00:38AM +0300, Stas Pirogov wrote:
> > My code part is very simple and I beleive
> > it is similar for other open source clients:
> > do whatever you want, don't relicense under
> > GPL or LGPL.
>
> > If they want to put binaries on disk-on-key
> > and distribute it among their customers it
> > is ok with me.
>
> You can put these restrictions only on code that you wrote yourself, not
> on the entire netrek software to which you have contributed only a
> portion of code.  This is a serious problem with Netrek software, but
> practically it is a non-issue since nobody has the means and/or the will
> to enforce any license violations.

Dave, that is what I mentioned from the start.
However the license agreement for NetrekXPMod source
is kinda inherited by the source code writers from COW
to NetrekXP Mod, so the source code copyright is pretty same for
all coders that touched it (at least for all that are
mentioned in copyright.txt in distribution).

And of course we are talking about distribution of
code without RSA key, because as far as I know
nobody will giveup his RSA key.

Now, could you expand a little bit about permission
you received from US Bureau of Industry and Security ?
I'm actually interested in history and I beleive most
of developers would like to hear about that.

Stas.