Player database works on a newly compiled server (from cvs), I had to
provide glib and gdbm which were not required before. I also had to edit
system.mk and add gdbm to extralibs giving:

EXTRALIBS = $(LINKFLAGS)  -lnsl -lm -lgdbm

NO_DUPLICATE_HOSTS kills PreT for me. (one robot comes on), I'm not sure
why you think it might not kill them as they connect like clients?

an exception for 127.0.0.1 isn't even enough (for me) as my linux distro
connects back with a source address of its ip rather than local. I'm happy
to disable the feature for now in any case just thought it was worth
mentioning.

	Should something like this be in .sysdef? perhaps with an exception list?
all very well for me to say things like that when I cant code ;)

	Pathetically I havnt done much on my server so I'll take a look at my
metaserver problems today and see if I cant get things online properly

Dave

PS. What's the best way to shutdown a running server?