The problems I'm having with the metaserver solicitation seems to be down
to the fact that I am running the server behind a network address
translation firewall which causes solicit to fail to bind to an ip address.

My solution was to add the name that I am using in the metaservers file
(eurotwinks.team17.com) into the /etc/hosts so that locally the address
points to the private IP but everyone else resolves it to the public IP.
This seems to work.

I've now run into a problem with PreT itself though, the bots start up as
player 1 begins to join, but when the game is (4 bots) v (3 bots and
player) no-one new can join (all teams greyed out)

Anyone run into this before?

By the way is there an ongoing problem with continuum?

I'd like to get a new netrek.org name for this server, something like
practice.eu.netrek.org or training or something, does that sound sensible?

Cheers