Hello Hello,

      Well, after lots of years of retirement I chose to try for a
comeback and start playing this addictive game of netrek again :-)

      But it's not that easy, to find a suitable client. The only one
kindof working is the COW client, but I still have a couple of small
problems.

      COW.3.01pl0.linux_glibc23 from netrek.org is running very well as
far as playing is concerned, but when the game is full and the wait-q should
come up the following happens:

nevyn at eagle3:~$ ./COW.3.01pl0.linux_glibc23
Reading defaults file .netrekrc
No server name was given.  Connecting to metaserver.
Pixmaps dir not found - turned OFF
Attempting to connect to nl.netrek.org on port 2592...
Calling nl.netrek.org on port 2592.
Got connection.
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x20535255
  Serial number of failed request:  4340

    I'm running on:

    Debian unstable
    XFree86 4.3.0.1
    kernel  2.6.5

      COW.3.00pl3.linux from netrek.org is running, but fails to do
any dns resolving. When I connect to a server only by IP, the wait-q
comes up nicely, with this one.

    Another minor issue is that autologin doesn't seem to work. At
least at nl.netrek.org and continuum. When I put my password in the
netrekrc I just get the black main window ....

      Any ideas ?

Ciao,
Cad.

aka. Another Fool