> > If ships named g and above (Fg, Rh, Ki, Oj, etc) are in the game and a
> > geno happens, those ships stack up on top of other ships in the geno
> > parade, which looks really ugly.
> >
> > Okay, maybe not a bug and certainly nothing we can't live with, but it
> > looks bad and I hope it will be fixed. :)
>
> I'll look into fixing this.  I'll write a test that reproduces the
> situation.  Presumably these are robots rather than observers?

I tested this and found that normal newbie robots don't overlap, they
appear in the ring normally, even though their slots are g and higher.  Ind
robots like terminator and the newbie Merlin robot do overlap player ships
however.  Did not test with practice robots.  Did test with 1 player
observer, did not see him appear.
Bill