On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 04:34:15PM -0800, William Balcerski wrote:
> There is an issue with UDP-reporting servers not being delisted I believe.
> For the INL case, it was fixed in a darcs patch "drop inl solicit entries
> older than ten minutes", however it is dependent on previous policy.c
> patches so it may not have made it into metaserver2.

In fact, this is the only thing the policy.c patches actually do unless
the udp/ directory is populated by the metaserver owner.

(In every function in policy.c, if the udp/ directory is not present,
the function does nothing, bar one, which is policy_show() at the end of
the source file.  It contains a blockage to showing UDP-reported servers
if the information is older than 600 seconds.)

> Without the patch, I am powerless to delist the servers, removing the
> metaservers file and shutting down server still has it listed.

Indeed, that was the intention of the original UDP design several years
ago ... better to err on the side of listing an old server than provide
a means by which the listing could be destroyed by an attack of some
sort.