Well, for one I don't think it makes sense to be able to transwarp to a
ship that's already in transwarp.  Two, something horribly buggy happens.
When the two bases twarp to each other, and they finally meet up and dock,
they immediately move at warp 60 out of the bounds of the galaxy.  Not
sure why.  That was further reinforcement to my belief that nature did not
intend bases to transwarp to each other!
Bill