I don't know if this project follows the same coding standards as we do
at work, but it is customary to maintain the coding style of the file in
which you are adding your code unless you are rewriting the whole file
(or reformatting it.)

BTW, I don't recommend going around reformatting files without the
owner's (or in this case group's) permission, unless you enjoy being
yelled at :)