Hey Quozl,

Thanks for the general pointers. I've generally hacked
up other people's code for my own personal use.
Participating in an Open Source environment is pretty
new to me.

As I have a great idea for a "newbie" server... BUT I
have no access to a Linux Box or other unix box out on
the internet... So, this is my only recourse, is to
add it into the Vanilla source (and hope someone else
uses it for a newbie server).

I really dunno if putting it into a "newbie" type
server is even appropriate. My aspiration is by the
time, I am done tweaking the AI of hadley's bots, even
experienced players will have a hard time.

The next patch will include commentary in the
ChangeLog and news. Following the current format of
the Changelog.

To be honest, those changes are it! I can't think of
anything else that will make the bots tougher.

I have been thinking about re-writing the dogfighting
code. Computers are faster these days :-P. The first
time I re-wrote the dogfighting code (6 years ago), it
took so much CPU cycles, the bots couldn't keep up...

Jimmy

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Release-Practice-HOWTO/