On 5/18/06, Dave Ahn <ahn at orion.netrek.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:09:44PM +1000, Stephen Thorne wrote:
> >
> > [...] I've gone through and changed
> > the indentation for some of the newbie.c file, and updated my repo on
> > shiny (see source control).
>
> There are several code formatters like astyle that can be used to
> enforce a certain style.  It may not be a bad idea to run it on the
> code, verify the changes for correctness, then commit these changes to
> revision control.  I've seen this work quite successfully with several
> commercial and open source projects with minor effort required to
> maintain cleanly formatted code.

I hesitate to do this to the repo. It would make rolling
back/cherrypicking patches very difficult.

I think at this point, my policy is, only fix the indentation if
you're also modifying the surrounding code. I'm willing to even say
that fixing only half a function's indentation is ok.

It sucks, but it's not like it's life-or-death. :)

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange