On Mon, 22 May 2006, Jimmy Huang wrote:
> > I don't understand why you don't follow the style of
> > the existing code.
> > Hadley is very consistent in his use of three spaces
> > of indention.  Not my
> > faviorate number, but that is what the code uses.
> > This is very small patch,
> > it should take all of 30 seconds to go through and
> > check that the indention is
> > correct.
>
> Okay, I'll do that.

Don't worry about it, I will take care of all these fixes.

> I misinterpreted the STYLE document to meaning you
> change it to 4 space indent where-ever you change a
> block of code. In actuality, you have to change the
> whole function before you change the indent to 4
> spaces.

The only two reasonable courses of action I see for Hadley's code are:

1.  Stay consistent with the existing style.  The code is pretty good in
this regard, being consistent to itself.

2.  Convert the entire bot code to a different style, like a more common
indention level (I like 4).  Then always use that.

Changing bits and pieces of a code base that is very consistent to itself
to a different style is just a bad idea.