On Sat, 27 May 2006, James Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:44:08AM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> > The patch adds armies carried by a player killed by a planet to the
> > short packets kill message.  It is put into the argument2 field in the
> > KILLARGS2 short warning message, which was unused before.
>
> Technically acceptable, but I must be missing something ... what use is
> this information to the client again?  What is the client going to do
> with it?

You get a kill message like this:

guest (F0+2 armies) [CA] killed by Capella (R)         [planet]

The server normally doesn't send the info at all, so there is no way for a
client to see this.  I guess the client could play a doosh sound or show some
kind of little man flying into space animation if the client had something
like that.

Really, it's no more or less useful than the armies killed info for normal
player kills.