On Sun, 28 May 2006, Stephen Thorne wrote:

> On 5/28/06, Jimmy Huang <jimmyhua73 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > You have to type make twice, as ranlib doesn't work
> > the way it should, but it clears up the 2nd time you
> > try.
>
> This is frustrating, the recent changes to the ranlib stuff for
> solaris also broke it on OSX. I'm going to have to figure out a better
> way to do this.

Well, it looks like the problem began when you first added the 'ranlib -c'
fix to configure.in
I'd say we'll be fixing each other's fixes till the end of the world
unless we understand what causes one's fix break other's configuration :)

Current configure script doesn't create any problems on my system.
What's wrong on yours ? Maybe we should debug it together ?

Stas.