--- James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> "... rank be available when stats are four grades
> below those required
> (if not generally, then at least for Admiral).  As
> per the standard
> description, if your stats are one below the cutoff,
> then 2x DI is
> required to achieve the higher rank."
>
> Opinions?

Okay, I'm not sure what the question is.

So let me rephrase it.

Your stats are 7 and so you need 640 DI to make
Admiral. This is Double DI

Your stats are 6 and so you need 1280 DI to make
Admiral. This is Quad DI

Your stats are 5 and so you need 2560 DI to make
Admiral. This is 8x DI.

Your stats are 4 and so you need 5120 DI to make
Admiral. This is 16x DI.

Isn't Double DI and Quad DI already in the netrek
code?

Now, when he says 4 grades below. I assume his stats
are 4. And he wants to make Admiral with 5120 DI?

Ummm. NO. Even in my school, there is a time limit
before they WON'T let you graduate. I think it's 7
years.

Jimmy