> I'm not sure what exactly you are saying here.  Is it the status of the
> observer's ship, or of the ship the observer is observing?  Or the observer's
> idea of the status of other observers?
>
> Say I have an observer 'g', who is watching player '1', and there is another
> observer 'h' and another player '2'.
>
> Which client has the wrong status, and which player does it have the wrong
> status for?
>
> g's client thinks g is PEXPLODE?
> g's client thinks 1 is PEXPLODE?
> 1's client thinks g is PEXPLODE?
> g's client thinks h is PEXPLODE?

Ok without patch, observer thinks his own status is PALIVE, and other
players are PALIVE, except when they are blowing up, then they are
PEXPLODE.

With patch, observer initially thinks his own status is PALIVE, but
then it switches to PEXPLODE and stays that way.  Other players are
PALIVE, except when they are blowing up, then they are PEXPLODE.
The event that triggers switch from PALIVE to PEXPLODE is sending in the
practice robot.

Bill