On 11/12/06, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 11:42:45PM -0800, William Balcerski wrote:
> > If it is true that they aren't listed, what is the logic?  Shouldn't the
> > users have the choice of all active servers?
>
> Agreed, they should have the choice of all active servers.  Let them go
> where the players are.  If the players want features we aren't
> implementing on a particular server, then off they will go.

It's a bit tautological but the players go where the players are! And
that means wherever there is a server running pre-T bots. The vast
majority of players I spoken to who are still atively playing are
newbies who logon wherever they see a game and some oldbies but don't
play much but will logon wherever there is a game. They are not
playing on sturgeon because of perceived superior richness of
funtionality but rather just because that is where the games are. This
hypothesis can be easily tested. Run bots that show 8 players logged
into continuum on the metaserver at all times and you will see a
direct correlation between decline of games at sturgeon and rise in
games at bronco I assert :-) But seriously please run pre-T bots on
continuum so we can get bronco off of life support! 2 months now with
no bronco pickup is long enough I say.

Zach