On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, William Balcerski wrote:

> I've come across 2 issues with the autogenerated INL gamestat script
> that require someone more knowledgable than myself.  First, the old
> statboys email address (statboys at csua.berkeley.edu), to which INL stats
> are sent if both captains register, is bouncing messages.  Anyone know
> who was/is in charge of this email address, and any thoughts on what
> should be done about it?

That list was maintained by Holub. There weren't many on us on that list.
It was me, Sven, Holub, maybe Jan Sandorf and maybe someone else (who
never sent a message). I asked Tom to remove the list a couple of years
ago (or so) because all the list was getting was spam.

Nothing needs to be done about it really, not outside the code at least.
Not until we get a league going and we need somewhere to send the stats
automatically.

In code, I guess you could just comment out the code sending a mail to the
statboy's list. That function has no use anymore.

> The second issue is that when I am sending gamestats to the stat archive
> at www.netrek.org/stats/, it is not creating a new folder for my server,
> even though I debugged the script to make sure that servername was being
> defined properly.  The game stats are being dumped into the unknown
> folder.  I believe the problem is in the script on the other end (i.e.
> not on my end), so I 'll need someone like Dave Ahn to look into this
> one if he could :).

Ahn reads this list, maybe he will reply. If not, you can reach him at
ahn at orion.netrek.org.

-- Niclas