Compilation fixes have already been applied to my BRMH 2.5.0 dev tree
some time ago. There are several other fixes that are not in your
diff (and your diff is likely to break some functionality by removing
static variables.) There are a few feature additions as well, most
notably improved sorting for the playerlist.

BRMH is not current under version control. I would be happy to send
you a tarball and/or blessed beta binary of 2.5.0. I will put it
under version control at some point in the future.