=- James Cameron wrote on Wed 18.Jul'07 at 19:43:22 +1000 -=

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:37:53PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > I can't help it that issues put in simple words don't mean the
> > same for everybody and therefore need clarification, but also
> > need patience and attention on the receiving/ requesting side
> > when given.
>
> You can help it. It is your responsibility as well as ours. Simple
> words do not have a common meaning. But it takes more round trips
> during communication than you have been willing to give.

What makes you believe I'm not willing to do what it takes to
clarify things? Afterall, I'm still asking and answering.

> By batching your replies you make this clarification impractical.
> Limit yourself to small doses of communication, regularly. You
> must learn the words to use, and the only way to do that is to
> correct your words.

Correction is fine, if it's explicit and lead by good example.

Small doses, regularly: this can be a problem when I miss the
activity time of a thread and then people lose focus on what matter
but get lost in off-topic stuff.

When I couldn't follow live, I wanted to speed up the catching up to
sustain the general momentum of current activity, so I gave
explanations or detail in advance, so you wouldn't have to ask that
even later.

> > > Volunteer your efforts in something as a method of building
> > > credibility.
> >
> > I thought I had as far as it was possible ... and time
> > permitted, currently too busy to even respond faster.
>
> If you are too busy, then leave this task for later, otherwise in
> your haste you may hurt yourself.

I've always _taken_ my time exactly to avoid damage (to anyone).
That's the reason why things have become as slow and big as they
were.
 How can I make up for taking my time without making answers bigger
or giving them in "batched" mode to catch up what came in the
meantime?

Speed, size, frequency, thought: which of them to sacrifice in
favour of the others? What serves the cause of timely but satisfying
results better?
 I can't go faster (respond live when you "6-12 hours +/- off
people" wake up and get together) in general, but also I was
exceptionally busy in the past 2+ months, so even catching up
afterwards was delayed. (in April, when the issue (re-)started, I
had more time, but this changed soon thereafter)

You want small + often (correlating to fast) because it suits your
daily routine. I can't (couldn't) provide that.
Independent of that, I prefer reasoned responses, which can often
mean the opposite of fast.

Too many + big is bad for you, too fast + emotional/ spontaneous is
bad for me, because the issue requires longterm consideration, not
what suits just now.

Whatever I do, it is wrong for you, because I don't happen to have
the same activity cycle as you have (had).
 How can we get together then, without losing even more time for
split and stretched discussion, possibly losing focus/ context/
interest because it takes too long?

In "how the director idea started" you gave the answer to what
happens when it's stretched too far without carrying over the
context in bigger posts: you keep forgetting what it was about.

You once said you'd like things to change. But only when it's not
you who has to change?
(I mean that for posting style as well as netrek management)
How else should changes in general happen when not at the source of
power and direction?