On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:17:41PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> I disagree.  I think we should say there how clue normally react to
> newbies, and encourage the newbies to learn how to cope, giving them the
> resources they need.  We might get newbies then who can handle the
> verbal abuse from clue.

	I see very few newbies that get upset by smack talk.  One
	has to read to be offended, and far, far too many newbies
	do not read.  Which is one of the things that upsets clue.

	I still stand by previous observation, by the way, that
	most mac newbies can read and write messages while most
	windows newbies can not.

	But yes, the web site should have something on it about the
	fact that this is a competitive game, where at times tempers
	and emotions can be raised to a high level, and as such there
	is smack talk.

	Falcon has a macro that he fires off at times that explains
	the concept of :ita that does seem to help; I do not recall
	if Joe's tutorial goes into detail about :ita, or if the
	Mac docs reference it or not.  If either one does not go into
	details on what :ita is and how to make use of it then they
	should probably be updated with that information.

							John
--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.