On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 06:55:37PM +0200, Narcis wrote:

> Amen, maybe the app should check for updates, but i need to figure
> out how.

	Simplest way is to do a dns lookup to a specific nameserver,
	looking for a TXT resource record, the contents of which
	is the revision number of the current version.  If the
	returned RR does not equal the version of the client the
	current user is running, pop up a window letting them know
	a new version is available, and possibly do an in-line update
	if the user wants.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.