On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 04:56:57PM -0500, Jeffrey Watts wrote:
> Um, auto-update sounds like a terrible feature.  Have it nag, but having it
> install by default is a recipe for disaster.  Users HATE userspace apps
> doing things without their consent.  Worse, it could get the client
> misidentified as malware.

	I concur.  Which is why I originally suggested giving the
	user the choice via a pop-up.

	Detecting new version availability is trivial.  I wish more
	clients would make use of it.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.