The metaserver has to resist attacks, and so it has limited trust in the
information provided by servers or clients.

At the moment, it will list a temporary clue server for a fair while,
because we lack a mechanism to determine when the server should be
removed.  We can't add a "remove me" mechanism, since we have no way of
knowing if it came from a legitimate source.

Here's a new method ... in the original initial solicitation, if we
change the protocol to add a flag that says "expire this within hours",
and change the metaserver to client protocol accordingly, ... just like
a DNS time to live concept.